TEAM ALL KINKED UP
We are a professional king mackerel fishing team seeking sponsorship for our 2015 tournament season. Our team consists of Capt. Joseph Bodner, brothers Justin and Jeremy Bodner, father Dave Bodner, Matt Tramontana, and Kyle Raison. We have over 40 years of combined experience fishing offshore of the west coast of Florida. Captain Joseph found a great passion for kingfishing as a teenager fishing with his father and brothers. He ventured off and joined a competitive king mackerel fishing team on the east coast of Florida in 2010-2012. It was here that he was really able to hone in on his skills of targeting tournament winning king mackerel. In 2013 Capt. Joseph bought his first boat with high hopes of having a successful tournament team himself. With a lot of hard work and dedication those hopes became a reality when we joined the Wild West Kingfish Tournament Series in 2014. This series consists of 4 tournaments with a field of 40 boats.
2014 Wild West Kingfish Tournament Series
- Tournament 1: 29.15 lb. kingfish(12th place overall)
- Tournament 2: 27.69 lb. kingfish(17th place overall)
- Tournament 3: 21.70 lb. kingfish (11th place overall). This fish put us in the top 10 out of the 40 boat field for the aggregate champion that was to be crowned at the end of the series. We were extremely excited about the position we were in, as this was our first season together.
- Tournament 4: 22.76 lb. kingfish (drop fish). We missed our check-in time by 30 seconds, therefore this fishes weight did not count. We didn’t learn this until after the weigh-in. However, in this series, you only count your best 3 fish for the aggregate champion, so our last fish couldn’t have helped us or hurt us.
- 12th place overall in a field of 40 of the best king mackerel fishing teams on the west coast of Florida.
2014 Fall Suncoast Kingfish Classic Tournament
• 67 lb. kingfish landed us in 12th place overall in a field of over 100 boats. This was a last minute decision for Capt. Joseph to fish, so angler Matt Tramontana planned to fish with another team and his skills helped them earn an 8th place finish in the event.
We are determined to become the best of the best in our growing sport. We plan on doubling the amount of tournaments we fish by joining the Southern Kingfish Association’s (SKA) Mercury Tournament Trail. This tournament trail, plus the Wild West Series, will put us near 7-10 tournaments to fish in 2015. These tournaments can become quite costly. From fuel/oil bills, tackle, entry fees, marina fees, hotel rooms, food, drinks, ice, etc… Each tournament has an average cost of $2,500. This is where we need you! If you chose to sponsor our team, we will treat your company name and/or product with the utmost respect. We will act as professionals both on and off the water, being knowledgeable and informative of your company and your product in which we represent. Here is a list of some ways your company will benefit from sponsoring our team.
- Company logo on our beautiful DONZI 32’ ZF (boat make/model)
- Company logo on our team shirts
- Exposure on our team Facebook page throughout 2015 year
- Videos of our tournaments highlighting your company name and product
- Exposure to thousands of people every time the boat is on the water (travel to and from)
- Weekly “team spotlight” on Wild West Facebook and Twitter pages highlighting our sponsors
- We will have a “Meet the Teams” page on AnglerArmory.com that will list our sponsors, as well as tournament wins, team information, and a link to our Facebook page
- During each of the Wild West Tournaments, our team and sponsors will be posted on a big screen for the entire crowd to see
- Wild West also creates a video recap of our season that will highlight our sponsors as well
- Exposure on numerous fishing and outdoor forums
- Fishing/boating trips for your company personnel/clientele (up to 4 people at a time and planned in advance)
We are extremely grateful that you’ve taken the time to review our request for sponsorship, and we are looking forward to building a lasting relationship with you.
-Captain Joseph Bodner